- That a Bullarder is the opposite of a Sandbagger. I know a few Bullarders. Now I have a name for them!
- That the BIGGA is the United Kingdom’s equivalent to the United States’ GCSAA. It is the association that deals with all matters of golf management from a greenskeeper’s viewpoint.
- That many golf tournaments that have hole-in-one contests (you win a car or a big check for making a hole-in-one) purchase Hole-In-One Insurance to get reimbursed for the cost of the award in the event that someone actually makes a hole-in-one. The odds of an amateur making a hole-in-one is about 1 and 12,500.
- That if you make a hole-in-one on a par 6 (or in two shots on a par 7) you make an “Ostrich”. It has never happened.
- That the earliest surviving written rules of golf were produced in 1744. There were 13 rules and my favorite one is “If a Ball be stopp’d by any Person, Horse, Dog or anything else, The Ball so stop’d must be play’d where it lies”.
More from Kane:
- How to Buy Used Golf Clubs http://t.co/5dFeUNoNZF 03:44:28 PM December 06, 2013 from IFTTT ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What Is Bounce On A Golf Wedge http://t.co/HjWQHfHcQk 04:38:39 PM December 03, 2013 from IFTTT ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What Is the Best Putter? http://t.co/GSYUs4I0Jz 12:44:30 PM November 29, 2013 from IFTTT ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What Are the Best Cheap Golf Club Sets for Women? http://t.co/VfHIJUTvMj 12:44:41 PM November 27, 2013 from IFTTT ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What to Buy a Golfer http://t.co/i1t97A1PUy 03:08:40 PM November 25, 2013 from IFTTT ReplyRetweetFavorite