- That a Bullarder is the opposite of a Sandbagger. I know a few Bullarders. Now I have a name for them!
- That the BIGGA is the United Kingdom’s equivalent to the United States’ GCSAA. It is the association that deals with all matters of golf management from a greenskeeper’s viewpoint.
- That many golf tournaments that have hole-in-one contests (you win a car or a big check for making a hole-in-one) purchase Hole-In-One Insurance to get reimbursed for the cost of the award in the event that someone actually makes a hole-in-one. The odds of an amateur making a hole-in-one is about 1 and 12,500.
- That if you make a hole-in-one on a par 6 (or in two shots on a par 7) you make an “Ostrich”. It has never happened.
- That the earliest surviving written rules of golf were produced in 1744. There were 13 rules and my favorite one is “If a Ball be stopp’d by any Person, Horse, Dog or anything else, The Ball so stop’d must be play’d where it lies”.
More from Kane:
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/BBeztPwgev about 5 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- and the drama continues!! http://t.co/3jtzLdNnDs about 11 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It's official!... http://t.co/irnc1A7YgU 12:39:55 PM May 21, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We sent some clubs and balls over to our troops Afghanistan and got this great reply...... http://t.co/FUgxLyJA8X 10:30:24 AM May 20, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/BhAtnYeZH1 05:27:11 PM May 15, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite