What’s in the bag, you say? We take a look at the winning clubs from Jimmy Walker’s bag at the PGA Championship. Winning his first major title at Baltusrol and beating Jason Day by one shot, Jimmy used a variety of clubs to secure the No. 1 spot. Here’s a list of the sticks he used to make his stunning shots.
Driver: Titleist 917D2
The Titleist 917D2 comes complete with a 460cc club head that provides golfers the confidence they need to achieve high flying shots.
- Active Recoil Channel flexes at impact to provide lower spin, increased distance and higher speed
- Radial Speed Face is an insert with a thick center and thin perimeter so you get more distance on off-center hits
- Weight is strategically placed in the back so you get a low and deep center of gravity
3-wood: TaylorMade M1
With a multi-material construction and an ultra-light carbon composite crown, the TaylorMade M1 delivers the ideal launch conditions all in a single club.
- 7-layer carbon composite crown is built to be thin and strong – just what you need to move the weight to the sole for a low center of gravity
- The crown also provides 25 grams of adjustability so you can personalize your swing
- T-Track System consists of a front track (one 15-gram weight) and a back track (one 10-gram weight) for multiple trajectory and spin settings
5-wood: Titleist 915Fd
The Titleist 915Fd is known for its versatility and shot control due to its compact profile.
- Forward positioned channel provides more distance and higher speed
- Low center of gravity stabilizes your shots and preserves forgiveness
- High speed face insert increases ball speed across the entire length of the face
- Sixteen unique loft and lie combinations give you the ultimate in personalized customization
Irons: Titleist 716 MB
Titleist 716 MB irons are engineered for the pros with a muscle back club head design
- Designed for an exacting hit so you’ll experience greater feedback on consistent shots
- Squarer toe, thin topline and pre-worn leading edge give you maximum shot control
- Refined blade promises a solid forged feel you’ll like when playing out on the course
- Progressive optimized center of gravity creates precise shots
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM6
Three are three key areas of play to Titleist Vokey SM6 wedges: shot versatility, spin and distance gapping.
- Shot versatility refers to the different tour-proven grinds you can choose from
- Increased spin is achieved from the sharp edged TX4 grooves on the club face
- Progressive center of gravity location attains precise distance and trajectory
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 GSS Prototype
Unmistakably a tour-level club, the Scotty Cameron Newport 2 is a German Stainless Steel putter used by the pros. The GSS material is costly to make but the sound and feel make it a unique choice. Apparently Jimmy sent his putter to Scotty Cameron to be refurbished. The company spruced it up and added tungsten to the heel to get the feel Jimmy desired. It must have made a difference because there were some awesome putts at the PGA Championship. You won’t find something this special on our website!
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Another product designed for the pros, the Titleist Pro V1x golf ball is the gold standard for distance, consistency and short-game spin. The Pro V1x is an icon in the industry and time and again, tour level players choose it for its unparalleled performance. Some of its key features:
- Patented soft Urethane Elastomer cover system which is not only abrasion and impact resistant but flexible as well
- Core and inner mantle work to deliver specific trajectories for each club you use
- 328 tetrahedral dimple design creates a smooth flight when you hit the ball